Friday, June 29, 2012

3D "Box in a Bag", Card and Bookmark


I made this set for a friend whose birthday is this weekend but she has been sick in hospital so I wanted to make it as bright and cheery as possible! I was going to put chocolates and scratchies in the bag but I'm not sure she can have chocolate now so I might best substitute that part with a little perfume and soap or something. The card is my idea and I got the tutorial for the "Box in a Bag" from Splitcoaststampers and made my own take on it. The material flowers on the card and bookmark are a great idea I got from Jackie Topa's blog (AddictedtoStamping, US demo) you just cut the  material through your Big Shot using the Tasteful Trim die and use a little gathering stitch to pull them together and a couple of stitches in the ends to hold them together, add a button to the centre and you're done! This will brighten my friend up, for sure! Have a good weekend, ooops that's gonna be a long one - just remembered it's school holidays............cheers for now Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment